Cheap pressurised CO2 system

Sheepsnana

Hey all,

I've been looking into pressurised CO2, and MAY have found a way to get a system set up as cheap as $80. ($105 if you incl the solenoid.)

Paint ball cylinder, 12oz: $35 from Paintballstuff.co.nz

extreme-rage-tank-co2-12oz-40012-195x195.jpg

Found a regulator on eBay that SHOULD work, (but I would love some feedback on this): $23.99 USD

IMG_8666zz.jpg

Found a 3 in 1 diffuser, bubble counter, and check valve. $10.76 USD

14005738_6_image.jpg

Found a solenoid, but this is a night time turn off thing, I think... $21.29 USD

T27nBRXilcXXXXXXXX_27608573.jpg

I would love some feedback from those who are more familiar with CO2 set ups.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, quite sadly, The regulator shown won't fit a standard bottle. It needs a special fixing that the supplier sells separately at a premium. Go figure.

The Guy selling the paintball cylinder is reluctant to sell it for any purpose other than for a paintball gun. Apparently, some moron filled one with compressed air and it exploded. Go figure.

I bought a nicer looking diffuser. The wife wants me to test that out before I buy a full CO2 setup. (Her thoughts: If there is enough CO2 in the air, why add more? Try dissolving more of it instead of relying on an airstone or bubble tube)

Solenoid seems trustworthy, but without a CO2 tank and/or regulator, I saw little point in getting the solenoid.

Will update this post as I get more information.

So far it seems, if you're going to bother, go all out and pay for a decent setup. Saving little amounts may cost you big amounts.