New to Koura

madrose

Hi I have recently aquired some Koura and they are in a tank inside, I just want to check that I have everything set up for them ok, and what to feed them to keep them happy, I have pond water from my large pond outside (as I didnt want to use tank water) and it has bugs in it but what else should I be feeding them??? Thanks in advance :)

Hi I have recently aquired some Koura and they are in a tank inside, I just want to check that I have everything set up for them ok, and what to feed them to keep them happy, I have pond water from my large pond outside (as I didnt want to use tank water) and it has bugs in it but what else should I be feeding them??? Thanks in advance :)

Koura are mostly scavengers but will eat most live food if they can catch it, worms etc.

My two get the occasional pea but otherwise just eat what the other native fish eat in the tank, ie high quality pellets, beef (ox) heart and FD krill (if I can buy it).

Its pretty basic at the moment it a 3ft tank with river stones on the bottem and at the moment it has larger rocks and bricks for hidy holes :P I used water from my outside pond and it has decaying leaves in it, now do I need a filter/ power head?? and what else can I do for them :)

Thanks heaps Rosie