Fish always hiding

Squidlet

Hey everyone

For the last month now all my fish have been hiding at the bottom back of my tank. I haven't changed anything in the layout, the pH is the same its always been for the last year, I do water changes every week and the nitrates, ammonia etc are normal. They come out at feeding time but throughout the rest of the day they hide, and if they do happen to come out they scatter and hide again the second you walk near the tank. This is really frustrating as I have another tank, and none of the fish in there do that. The temperature is 26, the tank is well oxygenated and none of them actually look sick on the outside. There fins are all up and they dont even look stressed. There are about 4 mollies, 8 young swords not yet sexable, a breeding trio of bristlenoses and about 5 baby bristlenoses. The tank is 75L.

I am completely stumped on what to do. Any idea? I tried taking away some of the stuff they were hiding behind but they all just freaked out.

Nope no kids, just me and the family friend I board with. My tanks is a planted tank, so I'm limited to what I can move, but theres heaps of driftwood and hidey holes, they use them too often! xD Has anyone used scatter fish that dart around and bring the other fish out? Like danios?

Hmmm yes I am thinking some other fish may help, only concern would be if the new fish started hiding too! I may try removing the plants at the back of the tank to see if that brings them out.

My tanks not big enough for a school of golden barbs and and I put young mollies and swords in when they are big enough to not fit in their mums mouths, o would be a bit concerned about them becoming lunch to the barbs lol. But perhaps some a school of small tetras like harlequines?

Any other ideas for some good dither fish?

Thanks guys :D

The tank size is fine for my mollies and swords. The swords are juveniles only and almost sellable size. They won't be in there much longer. I believe you need at least 8 in a school for schooling fish, and I cannot fit 8 golden barbs in my tank on top of what I already have due to the size they will get. At the moment I am almost at my stock limit - I have done the calculations for cm of fish to surface ratio. What I currently have is fine in my tank.