Christchurch BD owners.

Out of interest how large are your viv/what wattage bulbs do you use to heat them?

I just got a new enclosure over the weekend and realised my bulbs are gonna need to be a lot higher wattage for this viv than they used to be, especially with this cold atm.

I'm interested as to what everyone else uses :)

It will depend a lot on how well insulated they are and what the ambient temperature is.

Swapped the side the lamps where on today. Heats perfectly now... you think they would put a note in the "manual" for the viv which side is more appropriate to place heating on. :facepalm:

Doesn't matter if it's coastal or inland, my question was out of interest in general :)

In saying that coastals are super easy to heat as they don't need anywhere near as warm temps.

I have the heating at one end so it creates a warm end and a cooler end. The differential will vary depending on the size of the enclosure and the amount of ventilation. I would normally be turning the heat down about now but one female still looks like it wants to lay eggs.