is this ramizeri?

zuri08

Yes it's a blue ram.. Generally a german blue ram is bred in Germany, they are usually better quality, bigger and hardier than ones bred in Asia. The Internet and most people call them the same thing, a few years ago hff had some true German blues in and they were amazing fish, it's a shame they aren't still around :(

so these ones are just the common less colorful type.the common standard?

Even relatively poor ones are pretty colorful. Unless you're comparing them to Bolivian rams that are similar and a lot bigger but less colorful. And they are a different species.

Yes it's a blue ram.. Generally a german blue ram is bred in Germany, they are usually better quality, bigger and hardier than ones bred in Asia. The Internet and most people call them the same thing, a few years ago hff had some true German blues in and they were amazing fish, it's a shame they aren't still around :(

I wouldn't really trust the name markered on the side of the tank as proof of lineage though. I think most shops just throw German on it if they decide that "Blue Ram" doesn't sound fancy enough to justify the price.

Even relatively poor ones are pretty colorful. Unless you're comparing them to Bolivian rams that are similar and a lot bigger but less colorful. And they are a different species.

I wouldn't really trust the name markered on the side of the tank as proof of lineage though. I think most shops just throw German on it if they decide that "Blue Ram" doesn't sound fancy enough to justify the price.

Your right, the name on the tank isn't any indication of linage, I am well aware of that.. However the ones that HFF had were from the German import that came in a few years ago they were stunning and from Germany and had a price to match. Generally however the term German blue ram gets confused and after all it is just a common name.

Zuri hopefully you get a pair and hopefully they go better than any blue ram I have ever kept for you :)