Help-cat is really aggressive!

Caper

I have my daughter's 2 cats (Mikka & Cola). I have 2 cats (Ginger & Tigger).

One was a stray (Cola) she took in. Long story short; female, had kittens...only found one. I came home from work Friday and baby kitty was dead :(

I understood her aggressiveness when she had her baby. Occasionally I let her out of the room (the other cats did not have access to the kitty). For a short time Friday, she didn't bother with the other cats, but the aggressiveness has returned.

The other 3 cats are terrified of her, so much so that I had to return her to the bedroom.

Over a year ago I had taken in Mikka when my daughter was in the process of moving. It took awhile but my two eventually were ok with him, even allowing him to sleep on the bed. So, they're pretty much ok with him this time as well.

I don't know what to do though about Cola. She is gentle and loving with humans.

My apartment has an upstairs. Mikka is going up, but my 2 are scared and that is where the litter boxes are.

Any suggestions...PLEASE!

Caper

So Mika is ok with yours, but they're nervous of going upstairs to use the box when he's there?

Get some more litter boxes, just use old cardboard boxes, and put a couple of spares around different parts of the house so no-one gets caught short. I'm guessing they're inside cats?

And Cola is being nasty to everyone and is shut in a bedroom? I'd leave her shut in the quietest farthest room to settle down for a few days and for her milk to dry up and hormones settle, she's probably rather sore at the moment. Then if she's going to be staying much longer, get her spayed, then slowly reintroduce her to the others. But how long do you have them for?

Darn, just lost my post :nilly:

So let's see: all cats are nervous when Cola is around. I will try the extra litter boxes if needed. What I did last night/today, left Cola in the bedroom. When I came home this evening, my 2 were already up on the top of the cupboard and Mikka content upstairs so I have Cola out for a bit. I will put her back in later so they can have "their" time :facepalm: Do you think I should keep her in there all the time for a few days?

My 2 cats are inside cats. I won't let Mikka out either though and of course Cola! I will have Mikka for quite sometime for sure. I haven't decided yet about Cola. I will NOT want to take her to the SPCA.

I will be getting her spayed soon as I can. But I think I have to get her needles first, not sure if she had them since she was a stray. Have to make some calls re: costs and such.

Sophia, that's what I'm hoping that she'll settle down once spayed.

Except for the aggression towards the others, she's sweet kitty :o

Krazygeoff, I didn't see Canada listed for the sale of this stuff :dunno:

Oh, just to note my 2 cats and Mikka are fixed :happy2:

Thanks so much everyone...all comments and advice is always appreciated!

Caper :P

Thanks for the links Krazygeoff :bow:

But it did say might be an issue with asthmatics, I have asthma and not concerned about me but my son and grandson do and I don't think I'd risk it...but thanks for the recommendation, I really appreciate it :bounce: :bounce:

No collars Lisa!

Oh Ira :sml1: :sml1: :sml1:

I let her out again today when I came home from work. Tigger came into the livingroom and Cola came downstairs. She hissed and reached out to get him before I could interject :an!gry , so back in the bedroom she is!

I hope this does get sorted out :(

Anymore suggestions folks?

Thanks all :bow:

There are quite a few books on integrating new cats.

I read a few when my semi wild rescue cat finally moved inside.

It's been a 4 year project, and she mostly tollerates 2 of the 3 other cats now.

There is heaps on the internet too. You just need to find a good cat site.

I read a book that said one of things you could do was to keep the new cat in one room of the house, but in some sort of pen so the other cats can come and smell the newbie without having to make contact. That could work... or be completely impractical if you want to use that room of the house :roll:

I hope see twinkles...see below!!

Vet called after spay was over. One of her ovaries (cat, not the vet :gigl: )was half the size of the other. It would cost hundreds of dollars for them to do exploratory surgery to see if a "piece" actually came off and is somewhere else! But, no guarantees they would find it or if that is actually the case :facepalm: but they just wanted to let me know. I am not getting them to operate to see IF something is there, and not that they were suggesting it; however, if there is a piece somewhere, she would still go into heat :nilly: So, I sure hope that IS NOT the case.

One of the techs suggested that I get rid of Cola because of how she has scared my cats. She doesn't think it will change but I can't give up, not yet. If I can't get them to at least co-exist without my cats always in hiding then I'll have to find a home for her :( If I could go back, I never would have let her out of the room when she was only trying to protect the kitty. But can't go back :(:(

Oh, Krazygeoff...they had that felinway stuff at the vet's. But still a bit nervous of trying because of the asthma issue.

Thanks all again!

We've had a few spayed who had odd sized ovaries, and the occasional one who's only had one. Always a worry to see if they come on heat but all of ours have been fine :)

Most cats will get used to each other with time, hopefully you'll have a peacefull household back in a couple of months. Just make sure everyone has their space, and encourage any nice behaviour with yummy food - bring out treats when you've got two in the same room for example.

Thanks twinkles :bow:

Oh I sure hope the ovary was just not formed properly because is she still goes in heat it may deter anyone from taking her if I end up having to give her away :(

I'm keeping Cola in the bedroom for now (and especially since she's healing). I go in and check on her and talk/cuddle with her. I hope they will eventually be ok...just in case I can't find someone to trust with Cola.

My son Ryan is going to take Cola :happy2: :happy2:

I'm so glad. I was really nervous about finding a home for her where she would get lots of love and I know Ryan and his girlfriend will give Cola lots of love :P:P:P:P:P:P

Feeling bad about keeping her in the bedroom still, but my 2 cats are still scared of her. I even took her downstairs in the carrier thinking maybe they would just come along and see she couldn't hurt them. Ginger came strolling into my livingroom...spotted Cola (in carrier and being quiet)...Ginger stopped dead in her tracks, hissed then took to her hiding spot :(:(