Technical issues ??

wee2

hi, I dont know if I am in the right place.

dont know you wether you have had same kind of problem with plec before..... my chocolate zebre is stuck in the cave of driftwood :sml2: it is still jamed in the cave even when I took the wood out of water. I have tried pulling it out but couldnt squeeze my two fingers in together. I shaked the wood but he stick on the wood so firmly. so now he gose where the wood gose. :facepalm:

any solutions please. (by the way, he never comes out even when I feed them)

I have had this issue before with plecs getting stuck in soft wood caves.

I had to cut the cave in half very gently because the spikes on the pectorial fins very stuck into the soft wood. I now no longer use the bamboo that is available around here.

Is there any movement from the plec at all?

I have had this issue before with plecs getting stuck in soft wood caves.

I had to cut the cave in half very gently because the spikes on the pectorial fins very stuck into the soft wood. I now no longer use the bamboo that is available around here.

Is there any movement from the plec at all?

yes, he is fine in there and he has been like this for a year. I have never seen him come out. I can see its tail hanging out and shaking quite often seems trying to squeeze even further in. I tried to pull him out but I can only fit one finger in there.

will he be in there permanently.

have you tried taking the wood out, putting the head end lower than the tail and pouring water down? that might help him to dislodge gently without hurting himself.

I don't know much about plecs but it doesn't sound like a good life for a fish, to be stuck inside a cave.

I've done something similar to what Geoff described but suspending the wood above the tank with only the back half of the fish in the water. Usually after a minute or so they figure out they need to get out of there!

Have you tried watching at night to see if it comes out?

If has been in there for a year then he will be fine!

You can try putting in other caves and he might move but if he likes it and uses it then theres no problem....

Why do you have to get him out?

it sounds good using some other 'caves'. I tried not use the wood, but I have to now

If you suspend the wood off the floor with the cave pointing at the ground, but all still in the tank, then when he comes out to feed at night he most likely won't go back in there.

Cheers

:thup: