Update: may 2012 Brutus the red and future tank mates

henward

Age is approximately 18 months - i have had it for exactly 1 year:D

Current size - 48 cm

Diet is MP stuffed with massivore, eats 2 to 3 whole MP a day.

Tank mates - PLENTY

May 2011

228may.jpg

May 2012

2012_05_10_083.jpg

May 2011

128may.jpg

May 2012

2012_05_10_088.jpg

With tanning lights:

2012_05_10_129.jpg

2012_05_10_128.jpg

Close up cheek shot:

2012_05_10_085.jpg

future tank mates:

5 oscars - albino tigers

2x parrots

2012_05_10_053.jpg

2012_05_10_045.jpg

2012_05_10_040.jpg

My male flowerhorn:

2012_05_10_037.jpg

2012_05_10_035.jpg

2012_05_10_034.jpg

Royal pleco in red aro tank: (total of 6x L190 royal plecos) this is the largest

2012_05_10_120.jpg

Stop wanting an aro and get an aro:D

No drop eye at all, no sign of it.

asian aros are not as prone to drop eye as silvers.

i believe when the asian aros get to 5 to 6 year mark, they MAY be more prone to this, but to be honest, it doesnt affect their health or feeding and wont bother me that much. by 5 to 6 years mark, this arowana will be so red and orange as well, drop eye will be irrelevant lol

i just have stable water - temperature fluctuation is minimal (no mroe than 1 degree) and that helps its appetite to be stable too

I am very excited to have the oscars and parrot grow big enough to have with the red. the red tank currently only have bottom dwellers, tank can look quite 'empty' though its not, it seems it - oscars should add life to it

Do I really need to say it.....

HE IS SPECTACULAR!

even more so in the flesh, really good looking fish, colour is certainly getting more impressive with age. No pics of the other tankmates this time?

Spectacular! :rotf:

these are photo shoots from start to end, step by step. progress is big from first and last photo but seeing them midway is something else. Enjoy.

Just oen side, too many photos:D

May 2011

228may.jpg

Jul 2011

119jul.jpg

sep 2011

2011_09_17_026.jpg

nov 2011

twt-6.jpg

Jan 2012

2012_01_25_023.jpg

May 2012

2012_05_10_083.jpg

yeah, me too! not sure how rich red it will be with out true and proper sunlight!

it is supposed to be the main way to get them to turn red.

but shall see how it goes.

i will be happy for now for the scales to turn more orange and more scales to turn orange (all of them preferably) :D

Hurry up and buy a house so you can build a mega tank with a solar tube over it to get some natural light on him!

:digH:

haha

i am unsure if i will do a mega pond, realistically, i would only want a comm of gold, rtg, green and red aros.

but that will cost... well, i would hae to make a pact with the devil for my soul, kidney and maybe my first born child...

realistically, i t hink my next tank will be a 2000L tank and current 1200L will be a XB tank.

It doesnt end :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...
ooomy god they are so beautiful you have big pink eyes fish my son wants some flower horns to do you breed them.

sorry id ont, but the one i have is imported, they will be bred soon im sure.

i have a male, my female is recovering from a love tap from a horny midas male lol

sorry id ont, but the one i have is imported, they will be bred soon im sure.

i have a male, my female is recovering from a love tap from a horny midas male lol

okay. i have asked holly wood shop if they have some. but if they do not we could buy some of you. Yes my son says he will have to put in a division if they are to rough. or must. so must have big big tank about 400 and more ltrs as the females can be hurt badly. then he must get another tank for baby's if breed. thank you for answer.