Guppy placement

aaron11

OK peoples.. got the guppy bug...

I have my 3 foot tank set up for breeding as you guys know

in the lounge my tank is 90 litre (i think aqua one on stand) thats for my own pleasure

I have 3 albino guppies 2 girls and a boy.. the man gave me who i got the others off.. Should i put them in there ?? seperately from the others

will they eventually just have albino fry???? as they have been in with other guppies

IDEAS PLZ...

In tank is one big remaning platy, and 8 platy fry..

Want to keep numbers down as I would like albino guppys in there, white cat fish and some neons

Otherwise I can just leave the guppys in the one tank thanks for all your help I have learnt lots

You wont know if the albinos will breed pure until they have young. I would keep them seperate in another tank and keep any albino offspring that they have. Any that are not albino will carry the gene and could be kept seperate again.

alanmin4304

Thanks thats what I will do.. There is a trio 2 girls and one boy...

BUT they were with other fish so will have to see.

Are the albinos worth more to sell???

What about the TANK PH one is about 6 and the big one is 7 so there is quiet a difference

alanmin4304

Thanks thats what I will do.. There is a trio 2 girls and one boy...

BUT they were with other fish so will have to see.

Are the albinos worth more to sell???

What about the TANK PH one is about 6 and the big one is 7 so there is quiet a difference

You're never going to make money selling guppies. Eventually you'll have so many you'll give them away.

You're never going to make money selling guppies. Eventually you'll have so many you'll give them away.

I already have some orders and use to make money last time selling them few hundred a month selling 20 fry for 20 dollars

Im only doin it to cover the costs of running the tanks and also food for my other pets and stuff the tanks needs like lights etc..

And I was asking abuot the PH not the money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry

Oi, It's a forum, people are going to post what they think is relevant, no need to get all tiffy... Remember you're relatively new here... Attitude like that won't see you getting much help at all, especially when you're asking for help... :facepalm: If you don't like a comment or post, ignore it...

pH.... As long as you float your fish and add water SLOWLY to the ones that are being introduced (1 cup of water/15-20 min into the bag) will gradually change the pH in the water of the ones being introduced until they are able to be released. I'd say bout 4 cups to a average sized LFS bag.

Oi, It's a forum, people are going to post what they think is relevant, no need to get all tiffy... Remember you're relatively new here... Attitude like that won't see you getting much help at all, especially when you're asking for help... :facepalm: If you don't like a comment or post, ignore it...

I have been on here since 2008 ish but moved house and then lost interest in my fish when my friend died of cancer..

And thanks will put them in bag from the and do that as above

thanks

I find the easiest way to float a bag and slowly add water is if you can open the bag and peg it to the side of the tank. Plenty of fresh air and easy to keep adding a little more water.

Thank you for all your help and kindness twinkles :thup: