Noisy Aqua One CF1000

JD01JD

I have an Aqua One CF1000 which has a relatively loud hum to it. After reading what most people say about theirs it seems that it should be near silent.

Its about 6 months old now but it has been just as noisy since it was new. If I put my hand on it I can feel it vibrate quite a bit too but I don't know if this is normal or not?

The only other canister I have owned was an Eheim 2213 which was totally silent — I would have to put my hand on it to feel it running. Other than the Eheim I have nothing to compare the Aqua One with.

Is this normal for an Aqua One or is there something wrong with mine?

Thanks.

Not normal for the aquaone CF range. I have a CF1200 and have to place my hand on it to tell if it is running unless there are air bubbles in it.

To clear bubbles tilt it back and forth, can be quite hard shakes - within reason, to dislodge any air. If this doesn't work have a look at the impeller and shaft

Hi, I have both a CF1000 and a CF1200 from Aqua One. Both are silent unless flow is restricted. Check that your intake isn't blocked and check your impeller is free from blockages.

You should be able to tell if it's bubbles or not by tilting the Canister back and forth, like blueether said. If it's bubbles the same noise will be intensified quite a bit, as more bubbles are released.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I bought it new from HFF about 6 months ago. It's been just as noisy since new but I have just ignored it until now...

There is no air in it, flow isn't restricted and I checked the impeller and shaft — all is fine.

I'll just contact HFF and Aqua One and see what they say...