bearded dragon questions

desotojoe

I recently got a beardie and have a few normal newbie questions. My dragon is about 4 years old. He doesnt seam to eat much of his vegies i give him. I have been making up salad from greated apple pumpkin potato mesclin salad a little bit of carrot parsley or green beans. I have also been feeding him about 6 meal worms a day. I got told to give him calcium every day except sunday and give him vitamins on sunday is this right? Also how often should he poo? I tried giving him a bath ( about 28 degrees) how long should i bath him for? Also i have one of those water well things he doesnt seam to drink much again is that normal? Also there is a little bit of red just under his bottom lip at the front is that also normal? Thanks for any help and i will up a pic of the red soon. Cheers Joe

Umm and how do i upload a pic? :slfg:

In my experience most beardies would dehydrate to death becide abowl of water. The odd one will dink but none of mine do. You can give them a bath for half an hour, particularly when shedding or getting dehydrated. There is a good link on the care sheet for beardies on this section. I would not give most of what you are using for salad. Calcium and vitamins about right. I leave live mealworms in there all the time and feed locusts and crickets as well--they will eat them as a preference.

Apparently my fellow drinks from his bowl, I haven't seen him do so. So I just offer him an eyedropper full of water each day to see if he's thirsty sometimes he'll drink other times he wont.

To upload a pic just upload to imgur.com and post the link by itself or between some img tags.