Native Project... If I can find the space.

CodKing

Another project I've been planning...

rightflow.jpg

leftflow.jpg

Arrows represent flow (just in case you couldn’t figure that out :P)

The outflow will have black plastic mesh of 2 or 3mm spacing. Not worried about it being loud at all.

Not sure on what I will have for a return pump but it will be strong. The idea is to move a lot of water. Might even do two pumps, put them on timers so the flow changes throughout the day.

The return channel won’t be glass; it was just the easiest way I knew how to do it in Google Sketchup. Likely it will be just irrigation hosing or something.

The display tank is around the 70L mark and the sump is a 54L.

I've had the display tank for a while. I built it with a project like this in mind but moving house kept getting in the way. Had it up as a Marine for a bit, till my cruddy light crudded out.

img00081024x450.jpg

The sump is a freebie I've had lying round for ages.

Garage shelving needs a redo before this can happen, looks like a busy weekend ahead :bounce:

• 2 weeks later...

Cool idea! Lots of stuff in the tank that way though. Plus my little waterfall idea wouldn't work so well.

Have just scored a rough old 100+L tank for nothing. It has twice the depth so might even have a go at a paludarium. Just need to get a new piece of glass for the front. Can't wait to get a bit of time to start working on it :bounce:

...might even have a go at a paludarium. Just need to get a new piece of glass for the front. Can't wait to get a bit of time to start working on it :bounce:

Stop stealing my idea :wink:

I have just got a 54l 2x1x1ft for free, just needs a new base or I could put it on top of my other 2x1x1 and make a 2x1x2 riparium

another idea for ya i remember going to the otorohanga kiwi house a few years back. they had native tanks outdoors but the theme was stream bank imagine a glass tank with a glass divider across the whole back ............ from memory this one was 2/3 the height of the tank , i couldnt tell how far forward it was set from the back of the tank but it wouldnt have been more than 20cm it was then filled with soil and gravel and planted so you had a nice earthy looking "side"of the stream with grasses etc hanging over the edge into the water . looked quite effective perhaps someone has photos of it i couldnt find any here at home