Urgent Help In Wellington Required

fishybiz

I need someone to do a gravel vac and water change in Newtown tonight. I can't get down there as the van is in for a service and a child has tipped all the food into the tank. Happy to pay or supply goods in return. Please help as I don't want all the fish to die.

Thanks anyway. I have had this happen once before and we lost all the fish. I just can't believe they left the food within reach of a child and what is even worse is that this is a charity job and we don't get paid for it. The lady is going to try and scoop out what she can but has no aquarium experience.

I would guess your user's fish would be safe until the food starts to rot. Unless they're gold fish and they'll ate it all up! So, I'd suggest finding a few videos on youtube to instruct the adult there on how to suck up as much food as they can, and on how to do a water change. they will likely have to do a few consecutive daily water changes, and also clean the filter of any food that has got into it.

Thanks everyone, I can't sleep for thinking about it. Dropped our van off for a service last night and have a grand daughters birthday today so won't be able to get there till later and I just know it will be a very distressing sight. It is a community tropical, from memory a severum, catfish, loaches and tetras and heavily planted. Tried to ring around 9 and they had left so will call first thing in the morning and get the bad news. We once had a very intelligent severum head butt the auto feeder into the tank one night and we only managed to save one angel that time. Trouble is that once the food has clouded the water the oxygen depletes and then they die. Will let you know what happens.