Setting up the Filter on an Aqua One 620

HelenB

I've just bought an Aqua One 620 aquarium and have a couple of questions about setting up the filter - hoping someone who has one of these already might be able to help.

1. Is the 'elbow' to which you attach the spray bar meant to have some sort of fitting to attach it to the top of the power head - it seems to be the same diameter as the outlet from the power head.

2. There is a 'filter outlet' piece of plastic but I'm not sure where it is meant to go - it doesn't seem to fit on any of the filter bits and pieces.

3. The aquarium has 2 filter chambers but the spray bar reaches to the end of the first chamber only. Does this mean the second chamber is redundant.

Hi there

http://www.erdingtonaquatics.com/instructions/aquaone620t.pdf

This Is a link to the Manual for the 620.

1. The elbow directly attaches to the impeller. It should be a snug fit (as per the Manual)

2. Assuming the motor is on the left the outlet fits in to the hole under the right hand side of the filter box

3 The spray bar is is short on this one. the water drops in to the first compartment a comes back up through the second. there is a conjoining empty space under where the media goes.

hope this helps

I have had one, and had a similar problem with the spraybar. The water is supposed to go over the first chamber, then trickle over the divider into the second chamber, then out the outlet. The underside of the outlet is where you attach the outlet piece.

As for the powerhead elbow, that should be a snug fit. From memory, there were two elbows. One for the powerhead and one for the outlet. Make sure your not getting them round the wrong way.

If you decide to set up an internal heater, you can hide the cord under the lighthood. I had mine on the right of the tank, cord comes up, theres a gap in the plastic that I fed it through (to in between the lights and the filter), along the center of the lighthood, and then through a similar gap on the left, up and out with the power cords for the lights and powerhead.

Hope that helps, good luck with the elbow.

Where abouts are you in New Zealand? If you add your location to your profile someone local may be able to help.

Where did you buy your tank from? If it is from the local fish shop you may be able to go in and ask them to show you how it is set up if they have one on display.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I'm in Oamaru and I did take the mystery objects back to the Pet Shop yesterday but as the 620 is different to the aquarium they have in the shop I wasn't able to see what I was doing wrong.

Luckily, a friend of my who is very technically minded came to collect an alpaca last night and he and his wife have a similar aquarium. He fiddled around with the elbow and found that a 'connector' had been wedged inside the elbow. I hadn't thought to inspect it that closely! Anyway, the elbow is now firmly attached to the power head and I am one step closer to having my aquarium set up.