Peets 340L Planted Scape

peet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have been thinking about rescaping lately as I have battled BBA for months and it appears that the lilaeopsis brasiliensis is most affected + the xmas moss is soooo difficult to maintain as it sheds off everywhere around the tank and festers. So I spent something like 5 - 7 hrs yesterday tearing the old scape down and starting from new daltons mix, gravel washing daltons propagating sand, drilling sand and replanting. I've never strayed much from the dense jungle look so this is quite different for me... its not perfect but once its grown in and the glosso takes off it shouldn't be so white! It should hopefully be a lot easier to maintain, gives the macandra and wallichii more space to colour up and most important of all it keeps stem plants out of the overflow which was a constant annoyance with the old setup (blocking overflow causing loud noise). Next on the list is a background to hide the overflow and pipes.

picture003_zps0b7e49a7.jpg

picture0042_zpsae3df96a.jpg

picture017_zps77641f39.jpg

picture020_zps787ef33e.jpg

• 3 months later...

Update 02/11/13. Just did a trim so probably not the best time to take photos. Glosso is filling in slowly, all the rest are growing very quickly, hard to find the balance..... still haven't quite got the scaperight, I think theres too much drift wood and its too symmetrical but will leave it like this for the summer and think about re-scaping come next winter.

picture0542_zps5b9ff1ed.jpg

picture067_zps15eb96e0.jpg

picture053_zps30dffb77.jpg