Is it possible to remove a turtle ramp?

Phillz

One of the sturdy, strong type craft knives will do the trick.

Just lubricate it slightly with a bit of butter or something to stop it grabbing.

Other than that... a thin flexible bread knife with a serrated edge will allow you to "saw" your way through the joint.

Again... a bit of lube helps here.

CAUTION...

Make sure Mr Turtle is out at lunch before commencing the work. :)

Bill.

KY jelly Peg??

I use a blade from a old disposable shaver, the blade is very thin, sometimes if you rush the job you'll break it, so, take your time if the ramp goes right across, slide it to the widest part of the tank after the glue is cut, and then tilt it to get it out.

There is a larger bit of flexibility of the tank walls at that point.

Place a bit of polystyrene on the bottom of the inside of the tank in case the ramp drops inadvertantly.

Remove excess glue after removal with a sharp razor blade or similar

Alan 104

Thanks guys :bow:

I should have put this in the DIY section :oops:

I will give it a go today.....the turtles got way too big for the tank.....then I had an empty tank sitting there.....hence my new found love of tropical fish LOL :wink:

I was originally going to try to grow java moss on the ramp to cover it....but it just looks ugly sitting there, so will try to remove it.

Thanks again!

Phillz

Had exactly the same problem with a turtle ramp in one of my spare tanks. I was fortunate enuf to have a spare scalpel and blade at home which I was able to slowly cut away at the silicone. After the ramp came away I then used a box knife blade just to scrape off any silicone left on the tank glass.

Regards

Robbie

Third time trying to post this....so here goes!!! (having problems...keeps say that internet exploring has encountered a problem then shuts down the page Grrrrrrrrrrrr)

I have removed the ramp part....but unable to remove the platform part....it's just to darn stuck!!!!

Ran out of time and cut my thumb :oops: , so will try again another time.

Thanks for all you help people.

you could build a sort of rock pile under the ledge and if you wanted a cave, then just build some rocks up around the end.

with the low growing plants, just put a layer of gravel on the ledge and grow something like saggitaria or mini chain sword on top. ( depends on how close to the top the ledge is also.)

B