January 6, 201214 yr comment_466694 Well my new tank has arrived and I've got it all filled up! Woohoo! It's a 250L Jinlong and will be my first Cichlid tank- very excited is an understatment! :happy1: I just need to get myself a decent heater and allow the tank to cycle and then I'll be ready for some fish I've decided I am going to go with the Demasoni & Electric Yellow combination and have had a few offers of fish from various breeders. Anyone else have any out there they are looking to sell before I commit to a seller? I hope you have all had a fabulous holiday season. Cheers, Holly Report
January 6, 201214 yr comment_466695 Good one Holly, there's something very cool about setting up new tanks. I just love it. The Dem/E. Yellow is a great combination. How are you going to cycle the tank without fish? Will you be using the fishless method? i.e. adding ammonia? Report
January 6, 201214 yr comment_466696 Hi. Great mixture of colour. If you intend to breed them further down the line make sure you purchase quality specimens. Check out the breeding adults first. Good luck and hope to see pics soon. Report
January 6, 201214 yr Author comment_466698 Good one Holly, there's something very cool about setting up new tanks. I just love it. The Dem/E. Yellow is a great combination. How are you going to cycle the tank without fish? Will you be using the fishless method? i.e. adding ammonia? New tanks are fantastic! I have 2 other tanks at home so have added some established filter material and will pop some fish from my community tank in for a bit to get things going There is something about cycling with ammonia that freaks me out! I would no doubt bugger it up and kill off all my new fish! Report
January 6, 201214 yr comment_466699 nice choice. the yellow and dem combo is becoming so common McD's will have it next. Report
January 6, 201214 yr comment_466701 Would you like fries with that? generally and un-avoidable situation. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.