gold fever

the new guy

http://www.nzpam.govt.nz/cms/minerals/gold-fossicking

You'll be lucky to find any, unless you devote your life to finding the right spots. I wouldn't get your hopes up on finding an ounce of gold to sell for $2K.

Panning you normally only find flakes, I have a few on a glass jar (a few from the US at some amusement park, may have been knottsberry farm, and a few from panning in Christchurch a few years back), weigh close to nothing.

People have been panning for gold for hundreds of years in NZ, do you plan on doing this full time?

Even if you can find people with old maps, I don't think theyd share it.

I don't plan on doing it full-time because I can not move to the coast arnt this point in time :) and dad always shares his maps with me ;)

I know a guy who can pull about 1k a week with venturis on the west coast (the real and original west coast that is). Very hard work and very cold and wet in the winter but better than the dole.

It certainly is better than the Dole. Many people could comfortably lice on 1k a week. As I found out in 2011 for 2 weeks.

We use a vanture system too but I'm building my own little sluice box at the moment out of scraps found around the house.

I'd love to try black sand one day ;-)