Tank bracing

BK

It has no bracing just four sides. Thinking of putting end bracing for glass lid to sit on and maybe centre brace. would prefer not to have to do anything but this is what i have to work with. This or AR980 at 12X the price but with filter ligth etc.

New plan now will pick up new AR980 tank this afternoon and just run sponge filters with small Discus and at later stage will run over head filter tray when fish bigger. Will use other tanks(3) for my new tank room that I'm going to clean out this weekend and set up for breeding.hopefully will be able to get 20 in. If Im using 4x2 framing what should the base be for the tank to sit on. I'm thinking 21mm partical board.

• 2 weeks later...

While we are talking about bracing......

My new tank is going to be 4'x2'x2' - 432litres made out of recycled 10mm glass. Can someone please advise whether these dimensions would require some sort bracing.

Really showing my ignorance - how do you brace a tank? Simply a metal type brace straped around the tank??

Cheers

D3, bracing are the bits of glass glued to the top edges, either inside the tank or on the top of the edges.

It is used to stop the flexing of the glass when the aquarium is filled with water, and comes in handy to support the lid of the tank.

In your situation, I'd use a piece each end 150mm wide.

Alan 104