iphone 4s vs samsung galaxy

lambo

Hi,

I'm looking at buying either the new iphone or the new samsung galaxy.

There's not a lot of difference in prices but has anyone bought either one and wished they bought the other?

And has anyone had any issues with either phone?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son has bought the Samsung Galaxy S2 and it is a brilliant phone, alot of his work mates have bought the iphone and are now thinking of getting rid of it and buying the Samsung Galaxy S2, as they have had a lot of problems with the iphone. Just that is just his opinion though, but he finds it alot better.

i have an iphone 3gs and i have no issues with it. I have a couple of mates with the galaxy s2 and they love - its all personal choice - if you want to "play" with the phone then the s2 is for you - if you just want a phone that works without needing to "play" then i would suggest an iphone.

like you say not much in it for price but iphones just work

I have an iPhone4 and find it great as well. I have compared it to a galaxy s1 and found the Samsung to be horrible and it just didn't seem to work as well as the iPhone, I haven't tried an s2 though. It would be a case of figuring out what you require out of a phone and trying both to see which one does what you need it to do the way you like it to do it.. Allot of people hate apple because you can only use apple apps (unless jailbreaking) but at least that means the apps etc work well and have been checked by apple first. I have heard that allot of virus and spyware is getting into the android apps because they are open source.

Thats a good point ryan, hadn't thought about the open market viruses.

It seems that opinion is going to be divided. I've done a bit of research online as well and it seems its 50/50 worldwide as well.

I did find a site that does a drop test to see how they fare(I have six thumbs) and they iphone failed miserably compared to the samsung.

I have heard that allot of virus and spyware is getting into the android apps because they are open source.
Open source has little to do with it, an open(ish) market place and installing apps from random sites does. Any computing device, be it an iPhone, android or windows PC, will suffer from melware if you run apps from untrusted sources.

Me, I would buy the samsung galaxy because of the fact I can run OSS on it.

I'm not a really big fan of iPhones, so I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace. So far I have encountered 2 major problems which make the phone a bit of a hassle. Specifically, if I have my Wifi on all the time, then once every 24 hours, my phone will turn itself off without warning. If I have my 3G on all the time, every 24 hours I won't be able to send a txt (until I turn off the 3G).

After a lot of stressing, calls and forum searching, I've discovered that these problems are international with Samsungs. They keep saying that it's only with the older platforms, so I updated mine but the problems didn't go away. I now have an app which allows me to turn on/ off my 3G in 2 taps, so I turn it on/ off as I need it. My Wifi is also turned on/ off when I need it.

Otherwise, I have no issues with Samsung - they are annoying glitches but can be worked around. I've only heard good things about the SII, no mention of the problems I've had, but do some research before purchasing - lots of iPhone/ Android geek forums out there haha.

My fiance has an iPhone 4 and has not had any problems with it - she loves it. Then again, I've read reports of iPhones combusting spontaneously lol.

Hope this has enlightened you a bit! :sage:

Have you ever thoght of windows phone 7 really good software.

I have an iphone 4 it has been nothing but trouble headphones stoped working in one ear the charger cable stoped working then the adapter stoped working and now my home button only periodicaly works now. And i have had a look at the samsungs the realiablity rating, customer satufaction rating etc came out with horrible scores. If you want a good smartphone htc a producing some really good ones they hve great build quality and a great interface.

What are you going to do on a phone, if you just want aimplicity and ease of use go with windows phone 7 if you want to tweak your phone and have full control of how it does things and downlaoad whatever you want then get an android.

I find apples iOS to be the easiest to use. I have tried android on a galaxy S and SII and windows 7 OS on A mates phone can't remember model. They are OK, IMO android feels cheap (and copied :wink: ). Windows 7 OS is nicer than android but iOS>W7

I'd wait for the iPhone 5 instead of buying a 4S. Apparently it was pulled just before the let's talk iPhone conference. I would expect them to release it 6 months after the 4S ie in April. Kind of like what they did with the 3G(S). I mean a whole year and all they do is add a new proccessor, make it CDMA and GSM and make a better camera? I expected a lot more from apple. The new 5 is supposed to have a 4" screen, square/rectangle home button, tear drop shaped, aluminium backing ect I'd expect it to have the A6 chip or this new chip because apple is buying out a company in Israel can't remember where I read that though.

Anyway blah blah apple blah :slfg: :wink:

Speaking of android and viruses and malware, When you download an app it gives ou a list fo what the app can access it is quite easy to pick up uf it is going to be a problem app because say if tou downloaded a flash light app and it said that it access messaging, then it is obviously a bit doggie. With apple its dosnt give you a list of what the app can do an malware and viruses have been in aplications on the apple app store so both android abd apple can have viruses.

Oh and on android you can have things like nortan to scan for viruses

I find apples iOS to be the easiest to use. I have tried android on a galaxy S and SII and windows 7 OS on A mates phone can't remember model. They are OK, IMO android feels cheap (and copied :wink: ). Windows 7 OS is nicer than android but iOS>W7

I'd wait for the iPhone 5 instead of buying a 4S. Apparently it was pulled just before the let's talk iPhone conference. I would expect them to release it 6 months after the 4S ie in April. Kind of like what they did with the 3G(S). I mean a whole year and all they do is add a new proccessor, make it CDMA and GSM and make a better camera? I expected a lot more from apple. The new 5 is supposed to have a 4" screen, square/rectangle home button, tear drop shaped, aluminium backing ect I'd expect it to have the A6 chip or this new chip because apple is buying out a company in Israel can't remember where I read that though.

Anyway blah blah apple blah :slfg: :wink:

Anyway blah blah fanboy blah.

Have you had a look at the new android 4.0 now how is that copied from apple looks conpletley differnt oh and btw htc has your precious beats audio technology built in and comes with beats headphones :lol:

Might just have to buy the htc, get the beats, sell the phone :P I haven't seen the latest android software.

:roll: it is alot differnet from the older android softwares it was built from scartch and i mutch more polished and user friendly and looks alot differnet from apple stuff just tupe in ice cream sandwhich and have a look. God you and your beats i will never understand.

:facepalm: Lol, as if the decision hasn't been hard enough, along comes the windows version. I'll look at it but at this stage it looks like the galaxy will be my pick so far. Still another two weeks till purchase date so my mind may change again

No they weren't android but were linux based like android is. The greenphone (qtopia) wasn't a touch screen [edit] but the fic neo1973 was.

Very little that apple does is new, they just place it in a pretty package and trim all the 'difficult bits' out so that apple users can use it :digH:

No they weren't android but were linux based like android is. The greenphone (qtopia) wasn't a touch screen but the fic neo1973 was.

Very little that apple does is new, they just place it in a pretty package and trim all the 'difficult bits' out so that apple users can use it :digH:

Oh ok, so they were like open to develop?

Yeah I realize that. I guess it's the feel and the design of their products that so many people enjoy. That apple feel. And iOS is what have made the iPhone and iPad so successful.

Oh ok, so they were like open to develop?

Yeah I realize that. I guess it's the feel and the design of their products that so many people enjoy. That apple feel. And iOS is what have made the iPhone and iPad so successful.

Yes android is open source so people can develop on it and add custom looks.

Android = lets you run the phone they way you want and is very customizable. Adobe flash support. Has alot of Advanced features. Range of different phone to pickfrom. Subject to viruses and malware.

Windows = has minor customizablility. Simple easy to use. Good battery life and a range of handsets

Apple ios = no customization. Very simple to use. Limited to 3 handsets. Expensive.

What are you going to be using your phone for?