A little help with my koura

DAKU

kia ora everyone

I was hoping my first post would be a happy one but I need a little info on my Koura.

I have two Koura in a a 20L tank and last night my wife found both of them on their backs. If they hadn't of moved she would have thought them dead.

At lunch time 2day I also found them on their backs and when I went to move them back on to their legs they then began to move (sluggishly, legs tangled). The other problem is that when I moved the smaller of the two both its pincers fell off.

I have so far moved them to a bucket filled with rain water and other than small movements they are quite still for a lively pair. They are also floating on to their backs now and then.

I have had the joy of watching one of the two malt but I am not sure if this is the case now.

I am abit worried as i do not want this to be a lesson in the care of Koura for me resulting in their loss. :(

If any1 could pass on some advice that would be helpful.

Just to correct what I had noted before, I had them in a 40L tank which I now understand is also to small. so thank you.

I have also just moved them into a larger tank with my bullies and the pair are already showing some improvement.

I have a lot to learn.......Cool.