clown loaches - surface feeders?

morf

For some reason after 6 months of reliably taking sinking tablets, and cucmber etc, my clowns have taken a fancy to floating daphnia.

the daphnia is the frozen "live" food type

As soon as it hits the water all of them are up there taking it off the surface.

they are not starving, but they are so boisterous and eager they scare the quieter fish away

anyone else have this problem?

My skunk loach happily feeds from the surface. Although this is in part driven by me not being very good about keeping the bottom feeders well fed (and the fact that the bristlenose monopolises anything that hits the bottom).

Splitting the food works. I drop one half in at the usual place and wait for the boisterous fish to go for it (i.e. about five seconds). Once they are happily occupied drop the other half in at the other end of the tank. The fish that are holding back will then get a chance with the new lot.

Failing that, just use food that disperses quickly (mix the frozen food with warm water to melt it and make it slushy).

Yea i have the same problem i feed my fish ox heart and raw prawn, my c loaches always come to the top and seem to scare my b tiger away, so much for him being the boss. I decided to sell my loaches last week, not because i dont like them, because they were starting to annoy my b tiger, its a shame cause they were nice. :)