Bearded dragon and his veges

Jangonz

Hey guys, I have a bearded dragon, he is about 11 months to a year old.

Since we have had him he has never really eaten any veges that we put in his cage.

When I see other peoples dragons, as soon as they put the food in their cage their dragon will rush over and start munching.

He will however eat his live food, and also the occasional fluker reptile pellet. But I don't want to get him so used to live food so that would be all he eats.

I know the youngsters mainly eat live food but surely they still need the fruit and veg as well!

Any help/ recommendations are much appreciated!!

Cheers team!

Dandelion leaves are very good for them and a couple of flowers as a treat. I brake the flowers into 3-4 bits and the leaves into more manageable bits as well. They are movement stimulated feeders so if you give them live insects and salad they will go for the one that moves and that aint the salad.

Coastals grow bigger than the inland dragons so need more room. They are happy outside during the summer. I keep mine in a glasshouse year round with little heating. I take most of the glass off the roof during the summer. I grow mesculum salad plants, puha, dandylion, and chickweed in the glasshouse for them to browse. I keep water dragons and Reeves turtles in the same glasshouse. There is a pond in there which during the winter is kept heated to about 16C. I have seen photos of aviary style cages used by other members on this site.

Oh sweet! Hey thanks for all the advice! We are on the hunt for a lager enclosure. But we will not be selling him.

As for the glass house idea, I reckon that would be great! Just need to find my own place for that to work. Don't think my girlfriends old man would be too happy if I put up a glass house in the middle of his lawn...

So the coastals are a lot less fussy about the temperature? Am I correct in saying that?