'Ich' out break in my community tank..

Jaxxnz

Yes2day got home turn on the light at feeding time..my Midas was hidden out of site!

that not right he normally be pushing and shoving trying to get his feed!

i thou he was in the mode of hybird breeding.. :thup:

as he slowly come out he was very pale..so i took a closer looked and most of my Midas were covered in white spot! &c:ry

I only have a little bit of white spot cure left over, so i squeezed it all in my 1400l.. :facepalm:

Last time my 6ft had the same prob..most of my baby Midas die as i could not control this syptom.. :an!gry

Right now sitting here at work thinking what will i find floating around dead in my tank when i get home 2nite!

Doc doc what can i do????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Salt.. Use rock salt works just as well as white spot cure and its cheap just goto the supermarket and stock up I think the dosage is 1TBs per 4L but a fish like a midas shouldn't be too bothered with salt so you should be fine.

last time my baby Midas die out on me Ryanjury..

i dont know why but only Midas and flowerhorn is the only one in the tank that caught the white spot.?

last time in my 6ft the same thing happen, midas die of white spot and golden severum and jag show no effect of white spot.?

Salt.. Use rock salt works just as well as white spot cure and its cheap just goto the supermarket and stock up I think the dosage is 1TBs per 4L but a fish like a midas shouldn't be too bothered with salt so you should be fine.

I would use 'rock' salt as well, table salt will work just as well but the anticaking agent will cloud the water. dosage 3g per litre of water.

I have whitespot in my coldwater natives, gee it takes a long time to run it's life-cycle at 14deg...

Rock salt is from the supermarket :) you can get it in 1kg bags.. Good luck!

Pams table salt uses 551:

(Anticaking agent E551) Silicon dioxide, amorphous
ie not harmful to your tank.

Rock salt will not have that in as it doent need it.

I would but salt from the supermarket much cheaper than the LFS

hi Jack

I had whitespot woop ed my 300L before, all my T bars and Geophegus gone at the time :facepalm:

rise the temp would be an acurate method :thup: I have plenty salt let me know if you need some. I have a 90L emptyed which wud be able to house some of your patients if required.