Some African pics

firenzenz

7th pic down, is that an azureus, his colour is insane. Is he in an all male tank or with a breeding group. Mine has no where near that sorta colour, he gets bulied alot and has no chicks to impress, that ob is awesome as well.

Yeah male in all male tank, and maybe 2yrs old- he was actually 2nd Azureus male out of three in that tank.

But he was also picked out from a dozen juvie males as being a looker.

He was picking on his uncle who was removed, as was hi younger step brother who is now colouring up in another tank. I think the key in all male is to rotate and in Azureus case a group of young so one can flourish almost under the radar

2-4yrs really does seem prime age for the malawi males I've kept in the tank size I have.

Always been interested to know what the timeframe for dominance and territory of my fish would be in the wild.

Yeah OB is cool- Going to Ryan actually as he as lots of Barry white music.

would be keen on some yellows babys if ur getting rid of them

Yeah -have seperated all the holding girls, plus have 50+ fry already growing out so will want to find them homes.

So are you keeping multiple males in the tank at once. What i mean is do you have groups of azureas males in the tank. What are the dimensions of your tank?

Or do you have one in the tank at a time and keep the other males in other tanks?

barry white. i picked him for more of a michael buble kinda guy
:D

That tnk is 550ltr and only that guy in atm.

I had three in there. 2 about 12-14cm, and one smaller

I took the one out as he was now being bullied by this guy- not badly but not happy .

The other is 7cm young male I put in nxt time I do a rearrange. took him out to colour up in smaller tank..

I started with 5 X 6cm likely juvie males and let them grow out and see which one handles the tankmates the best.

If they were all to get on I guess more would stay.

Tankmates are peacocks, dolphins, electras, empress, yellows, plus a couple of random tangs that don't really interact so there are no real meanies in my set up.

lol the radio is stuck on the rock :) And they seem to enjoy that.. No Barry White here, they do get the mood lighting during the day, I am keen to borrow the OB have 2 girls here and can probably even sort a spare tank too if needed just let me know :)

Sounds like a good system you run with adding multiple males to get the most compatible one, sometimes the biggest one out of a batch and the first one to colour up is the worst one to add to a mixed tank they can be too scrappy.

Looks like its working well goin off those pics, fish look awesome. I guess having the extra length and overall volume help to give them all some space. I don't have that luxury in my 5ftr i think if i added multiple males of the same species in my tank would cause a meltdown.

I have similar stocking to yours, no yellows but growing out a small colony of rustys at the moment and some dolphins as well need to bring my numbers up to hopefully curb aggression. There is constant chasing and its not just the one fish but about 4 or 5 who are constantly harrassing others, the azureas and steveni get bullied non stop, and my baeneschi hybrid has started throwing his weight around.