Bored so took some pics

ryanjury

I like the look of the Azuzures.

And Calvus... :happy1: :thup:

lol what a shame you have gone over to the dark side with your big tank then.. :an!gry

that litho is awesome, how big is he? breed him, breed him. Your maleri red is stunning to

lol patience is a virtue... He is only around 6-7cm long and has had a hard life so far, just starting to come into his colour, he will colour allot more and get the yellow/gold blaze all the way to his nose with time. The female is fattening up nicely, he is quite an agro bugger so need to make sure she is really ready stick them together and then remove him straight away to let her hold.. Will be interesting. I think you have maleri reds from me, if not I have tons of spare males..

The albinos are interesting that they have the barring

some albino strains loose all colour but some do not

they look like nice fish and have also kept their shape again depending on what albino type you look at is another "fault"...lol

Yeah it is the barring on them that makes them cool, some just turn into pink fish with red eyes and look a bit boring.. I still have no idea what type of zebra they are thought they may have been afra initially with that barring but no idea either way they breed true and they are cool it is a very old line that has been breeding for many years so they are pure to some degree :)

Nice shots again Man!

Yeah- I too am not a Albino fan but those zebras are cool!

Wonder why they chose Red Maleri as name as opposed to a Red shoulder variant name, not that makes difference to lovely fish.

Good to see rusty's around and in numbers too.

Those zebras are cool :) They have started breeding too so should have some fry in the future if you want some, so far they don't seem as agro as other zebras so wonder if they are soft like the albino auratus..

Yeah the peacocks came to me as a maleri red so as per usual the carry on with that name, I guess they are more maleri than red shoulder because the red/orange goes further into the body the flash did bring out more of the blue in the body than what was actually there.

The rusties are just starting to breeding, have their own tank.. Hoping to spread these a bit too once I have bred enough to get a big colony going.

I guess they are more maleri than red shoulder because the red/orange goes further into the body the flash did bring out more of the blue in the body than what was actually there.

Yes -And i totally agree with staying with initial names as you know

But to me the blue of face going up to dorsal and blue in Dorsal indicates more of red shoulder characteristic, or at least one of a similar stuartigranti sp, as opposed to maleri where blue face is confined t

more to cheek area.

I would think those traits harder to breed in or out of a fish than enhanced body colour.

Anyway, semantics I guess a

Main thing is they are here, and breeding true .

Yes -And i totally agree with staying with initial names as you know

But to me the blue of face going up to dorsal and blue in Dorsal indicates more of red shoulder characteristic, or at least one of a similar stuartigranti sp, as opposed to maleri where blue face is confined t

more to cheek area.

I would think those traits harder to breed in or out of a fish than enhanced body colour.

Anyway, semantics I guess a

Main thing is they are here, and breeding true .

Your right :) However with the quality of stuff we get in NZ we just have to get what we think is the good stuff and hang onto it and breed it, even keeping species in the same groups they were imported with and selling them with the same names will get half descent peacocks out there..

Now all we need is for someone to import some A grade peacocks out of germany.. Maybe some eureka, ruby reds and/or good quality F1 or wild stock! Wouldn't that be a dream to see some of them in the country!

haha only with that tank.

But my future cichlid tank will be something to look forward to. I can only stay away from them for so long until I will want them again.

Ah yes I could tell the force was strong in you.. You will come back over to the light as your mature :)