Plant ID

si_sphinx

That's Bylxa japonica. Sadly it's not availible in NZ. It needs very high lighting, either T5HO's or metal halides, lots of ferts, softish water and a nutrient-rich acidic substrate.

Echinodorus tenellus tenellus is similar, although it doesn't grow quite as dense and it's leaves are more curved as opposed to Blyxa japonica, which has leaves that are quite straight.

I used to have a bit but I lost it as my lighting wasn't strong enough. It was $7 for a pot which is a good price and I got it from Organism.

It seems to be similar but bigger.

Cyperus helferi is nothing like the plant in the foreground of the photo you posted. It looks more like the plant to the left of the rotala in the pic, in fact that may even be Cyperus helferi although I'm pretty sure it's val. If you want something like Blyxa japonica, I'd go for the E. tenellus tenellus, it's the closest match you'll be able to get in NZ. Here's a pic of one of Amano's tanks. The grassy plant used is E. tenellus tenellus.

ada90x45x60cm.jpg