Jaguar eating disorder?

WillskE

ever since i got my jag hes been fed on Hikari cichlid gold and once a while earthworms but just 2-3 weeks ago hes started picking he doesn't eat the hikari he just takes it in and spits it out and by the time he spits it out the female thats in the tank have already eaten everything, he eats blood worms and earthworms all happy and fine..i havent giving him anything else for a week and hes stil like that should i keep starving him?

yeh, Mine is too, dosent take pellets. quite fussy but flakes do well on him. worm seems be popular to all varieties but hard to get. I get up early every morning to flip over rocks in the gardern and see if there is any lucks but only few scores. my idea ys to starving him for one day or 2 and then see what he is going to do wif the food you feed.

my GT has been too fussy to eat anything but bloodworm for almost two years even when he eats, he always grab a little and chew for long time while other fish wipe out the whole tank but still surviving and being healthy. :lol:

• 1 month later...

my mating pair do the same with the pellets though they both go nuts when I give them the bloodworms then after a week or so she lays a bunch of eggs then when shes not looking he goes in and eats them.... my other female goes nuts with the worms but also the pellets too she is in a tank with my albino white tiger oscar so go figure

well ive got a whole worm farm in my garden so im not worry about that, just that i want him to stay on pellets..hes been on the same stuff for years just very weird to me the sudden change and fuss

Fish are like baby with candy..they love treat so if they have a taste of live food once they would love to stay on is for ever..

stick with flake or floating pellets for those guy..

Like Jaxxnz has suggested the fish will eat live foods only if you spoil them with them, if that is the case they will eat whatever you stick in the tank if you get them hungry enough. Typically I would expect a jag to eat anything that hits the tank without asking questions..