RIP my first Black Arowana

Fishie123

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I was cleaning all my tanks and filters and moving discus to my 1200L tank. After putting the discus into my 1200L tank, me and my girlfriend accidentally didn't close the lid fully, leaving a gap :facepalm: .

This morning when opening the garage, we didn't see the black in the tank. We then saw it on the floor near the garage door. My girlfriend was nearly in tears when she was packing the black.

Quite sad about the Black as I had it since it was 10cm and now it was 45cm and was getting a nice body build. I will sell my baby black now since I can't do my aro com. &c:ry &c:ry &c:ry

My RTG and discus look fine. The discus doesn't look like they feel threaten by the RTG swimming around exploring the tank, though the RTG is much interested in the discus (Not in an eating way :slfg: ).

that rtg is a very docile spcimen. it was housed with many many fish and has gotten use dto them, still keep an eye out. it will occasionally chase away any competitors.

but seeing that it didnt kill your black aro immediately - maybe its much more docile than i anticipated:)

sorry to hear bout black aro,

I am going to add heaps and heaps of plant + driftwood soon into my tank so they will have alot of hiding spaces since they are bottom dwellers. Plus seeing how the rtg isn't interested in the black and the discus, I don't see why not adding corys :slfg: . Don't know, just in the planning stages. I want to remove the tinfoil barbs though, destroyed my beautiful tiger lotus and Amazon swords. And I find it quite hard to feed everyone in the tank when they are just swooping all the food :an!gry .

instinctively, the rtg will go for the corys, but if you intro them and distract the rtg so they can hide, it should be ok, i think in time the rtg will find the cory too annoying to try and catch, similar to clown loaches.

rtg is also a paticularly docile specimen so i reckon give it a try.

make sure there are already hiding spots

They say that when an Arowana dies, it has died for you, and you have avoided some tragedy.

Yeah, lots of superstition around arowanas. I don't really believe half of it, but it's still nice to think that there is some sort of "relationship" between us and the fish. If dogs and cats can read our moods, maybe our fish can too? Arowanas and oscars recognise specific owners and ignore other people around the house, so they're smarter than we think lol.