Do i need a.. ?

reptilez

Hi...i got told that i should get a needle wheel impellor for my pump which is on my protein skimmer...the protein skimmer is not 'skimming' .i just have a normal pump on the protein skimmer ATM but i can get my hands on an impellor which is the right size for my pump....should i get the needlewheel impellor???

thanks heaps!!

Matthew

Hi...i got told that i should get a needle wheel impellor for my pump which is on my protein skimmer...the protein skimmer is not 'skimming' .i just have a normal pump on the protein skimmer ATM but i can get my hands on an impellor which is the right size for my pump....should i get the needlewheel impellor???

thanks heaps!!

Matthew

If it's a needlewheel skimmer rather than a venturi, yeah. Are you getting a nice white foam of bubbles produced by it or not?

using a needle wheel wont make a difference unless you block off the old airline and run a new airline to the new pump

the pump you are running on it is only rated to 1200lph per hour which is probably half the problem . it would normally be around 2000lph or more to get enough air through the venturi id reccomend a cheap needle wheel pump dont spend too much as the skimmer isnt worth a lot of money any way perhaps one of these http://www.fish-street.com/pinwheel__needle_wheel_pump

hi...thanks for the reply..i have a spare 3000 litres per hour pump would that work..

grrrr does any one have any cheap protein skimmers that they could sell to me ??

as this one is driving me nuts :an!gry

so if i buy the needlewheel pump it should solve the problem ?

thanks Matthew

it has two flat pins ( no earth ) they can be carefully bent or use an adaptor it will work fine on our power here i have the 1000lph model running an old aquamedic HOb skimmer on my 30l it works well but try the 3000lph pump out first perhaps but in a cheap irrigation valve in case its a tad too much i think the skimmer will work a lot better with a bigger pump as it will suck more air