Thoughts/ semi review of Aqua One 2700UVC canaster filter

BomB191

well i thought i would have a little blurp about my shiny new filter with thoughts etc

IMAG0028.jpgIMAG0029.jpg

this things dam huge 32x32x49cm

IMAG0036.jpg

4 media baskets filled with

B1: 15ppi sponge, Bionoodles

B2: 15ppi sponge, CeramiSub

B3: 35ppi sponge, CeramiSub

B4: 35ppi sponge, wool

IMAG0037.jpg

Now i had a issue with the 32mm clear hose its was a mission to get it where i wanted it (still isn't but i have some ninja PCV pipe plans for it)

more pictures at my 2700UVC public Album

so far everything is running greatly. siphoning wasn't to hard (one has to do it the old school way, suck and off shes gos)

currently my only real issue is the plastics "feel" breakable (none did)

everything else felt extremely solid.

cost was $390 for tanks 400-700l and has a max flow of 2700lph.

first attempt at a review so apologies for spelling/ vagueness

questions welcomed

Can you try remove the top after a weeks use? my 2400 is a mission to remove

from what I've learnt you need to try crack one side open first instead of pulling the whole thing stright up.

Thanks for the review.

I would be keen for you to measure the output into a bucket for a minute ( while the intake is at the same height) then times the result by 60 to give us an actual Litres/Hour.

I can guarantee you that you will be surprised with the result.

I wouldn't be. that number is a max result and I'd assume it would be with no media at all and with max fall so yeah. might do if i get the time

Now i had a issue with the 32mm clear hose its was a mission to get it where i wanted it (still isn't but i have some ninja PCV pipe plans for it)

To get my filter pipes where I want them I fill them with boiling water to make them really soft, then I put them in the shape or position I want and run cold water through them to harden them again.

To get my filter pipes where I want them I fill them with boiling water to make them really soft, then I put them in the shape or position I want and run cold water through them to harden them again.

I did that for the ends. my main thinking was im only in this house until xmas so i can handle a hose mess until then. after i move ill be building a pvc system ill do a DIY on it i think. already have all the plans in my head for it