My 122L tropical Marine

reptilez

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,i have got the skimmer running but have got some questions...

no water is going up by the collection cup..what shall i do ?

the pump is on and bubbles are in the skimmer...

how do you get it to work?

i cant find a 'Berlin 25 - 250 Gallon Manual' on the computer..any help..

thanks Matthew

make it so the water level is at the bottom of the collection cup or there abouts the bubbles will start to build a foam and the foam will climb up the collection funnel into the cup even if its an inch below the collection cup dont worry just give it a day or two to bed in and it will work

• 2 weeks later...
thanks Spoon...you helped me a tonne :hail::bow:

I have got the protien skimmer working but there is no foam in the collection cup!!

i got told because i have no livestock it will not foam :S

UPDATE-

i am picking up 3 green chromis tomorrow,some green star polyps,some green hairy mushroom corals

i am really excite i love green chromis!!!

UPDATE-pictures of skimmer and setup..how do you stop the overflow hole from making gurgling noises? thanks

2011-08-13_14-07-07_37.jpg

2011-08-13_14-06-25_309.jpg

skimmer in sump with live rock

2011-08-13_14-05-58_969.jpg

2011-08-13_14-05-48_626.jpg

whole tank shot

2011-08-13_14-05-29_725.jpg

i know its plain but i am getting fish and corals tomorrow :happy1: :happy2:

how much light do you have on that tank?, cause it doesnt look like you have enough for corals

hmm that may be a recirculating model that recirculates the water through a pump injecting the air then you either use a seperate pump or gravity from the display tank to feed the water thru it

thanks..so i will try and find a website that has a manual :dunno:

the water gets tiny bubbles and goes ub the tube by the collection cup,

i got told since there is no livestock that forth will not be produced in the collection cup..

i think it is a recirculating model because it pumps the water through the protein skimmer then back inot the sump....then i have a seperate pump which pumps the water into the display tank..

it might have an inlet you can hook your overflow from the main tank into so it moves water around the skimmer . as for the micro bubbles they are normally trapped in the sump by glass dividers called a 'Bubble trap' your lighting will seriously inhibit which types of corals you can keep and how well they will do id look at getting at least t5 units as you only have 2x30w tubes at the moment. i have 36w on a 30l which is low....

also be aware of the ages of the tubes they need to be replaced every 9 months if they are second hand they probably wont be suitable for any coral

it might have an inlet you can hook your overflow from the main tank into so it moves water around the skimmer . as for the micro bubbles they are normally trapped in the sump by glass dividers called a 'Bubble trap' your lighting will seriously inhibit which types of corals you can keep and how well they will do id look at getting at least t5 units as you only have 2x30w tubes at the moment. i have 36w on a 30l which is low....

also be aware of the ages of the tubes they need to be replaced every 9 months if they are second hand they probably wont be suitable for any coral

oh ok ,i got told they would be good for coral :dunno:

what lights would you recommend for me to get ??

thanks Matthew

that auction would be much better than what you currently have and would be suitable for quite a few corals i wouldnt bother trying to make do with what you have at the moment the money that you would spend on new marine bulbs would go a long way towards buying a new fitting that may already come with suitable bulbs.