Water parameters in Christchurch?

Ismart120

Just wondering if anyone knows the water conditions in Christchurch since the chlorine has been added (Straight from the tap I mean)? dh etc etc - I'm in the eastern suburbs if that narrows it down.

Also, any idea if the chlorine levels are the same for all the suburbs or are there different dosings depending on where people are?

Thanks

Some parts are chlorinated and others not. Also different dosage in different areas and also higher if you are near a pumping station. You can contact CCC and ask for waste water dept and they can look up on the computer what the levels are in your area. :)

What have you been doing for the last 4 months? I'm in Upper Riccarton and have been changing ever since. I used to do 90% changes on discus in Tauranga (with chlorine) and they were fine. I don't know the differences in concentrations, though.

I've been using a dechlorinator when I've done water changes but just noticed that the smell of chlorine varies time to time, as well as from place to place so wondered how others were faring - know of one guy that forgot about the chlorine and lost the whole tank...

Main reason I ask is that I've noticed some of the water properties have changed in other things (ie making yogurt which now just comes out as sludge with the chlorinated water) so wanted to know if there were figures to see whats been happening.

As for upper ric, it would seem you have a lot less than in shirley - I still cant bring myself to drink it as the smell is so strong so figured it'd do the fish in mighty quick. Going out to rolleston for drinking water or getting bottled still..