Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Angel aggression

Featured Replies

Ok so I have 3 angles a friend gave me, they seemed to settle in okay. he mentioned they chase each other sometimes ect and they have been doing that to a certain degree, nothing to serious.

Until last two days, They have been fighting quite hard. Locking mouths and tugging back and forwards. It is now pretty much non stop.

Not really sure what to do.

I have no idea if they are males or females.

I can put one in a 50L for a short time to see how they go but that seems to small even for one of them.

It does seem to be two picking on one but hard to tell as they move around so fast.

Any advice would be great.

If they slow down for a minute or two, you could try and sex them and check if it's a couple of males that are doing the fighting, (what I'd expect), it's been a while but I believe the females have a more rounded ovipositer, while the guys have more pointed bits.

I'd try and find another female angel roughly the same size as your three and see if that reduces the fighting. They do like to be in pairs, and I've seen a couple of males hanging out together happily, so maybe the gender of the fourth won't matter so much...

Or, you could rehome one of your three. Wet Pets usually take unwanted fish if they have room.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.