Kribensis behavior

burrowssj

Ok so currently I have 3 pairs of Pelvicachromis taeniatus an 2 unpaired females. They have been a big group since young (from Ryanjury) they are in a 260L 4footer. I have made 3 spots but it seems the middle ground is unused an 1 pair is looking very unhappy. I am wondering what effect it would have if I put 2x tank dividers(custom made by me with chemical free meshing) on the 2 breeding pairs side an leaving the middle as a new zone?

My real question is do you think its better to keep a healthy competition going an leave all dividers out? Or is it best to make use of the space I have an try make it work with 3 pairs? I will be adding more rocks to make the spaces bigger asap (it already has alot of rocks) but I don't think this will work because they just seem to want to fight an defend a territory an the middle ground is just nomans land where they all interact

im running a planted tank with an internal an external filter

I would agree with that statement haha,very aggressive but also very gentle in a way. They are already breeding. I have about 40ish fry an its my first successful batch so far but I've yet to see how they will grow out

A 40x45x45cm block of space should be enough for a pair I think. I can put two plastic netting dividers in so they have full water flow in each block but still a barrier that stops any fighting from happening.... Or I can just keep it the way it is ,Rocky an densely planted and add more rocks and try form better territories and more cover ffrom the fighting?

I'm asking if there any noticeable benefit to letting there be a natural selection style competition in the tank.. or just cut them all off from one another completely an focus on letting them breed...