Arowana tankmates??

reptilez

dont get me wrong, i am not saying you wont buy it, im just saying how much it costs:D

i want one too.

a high grade gold

but actually would love an albino more!

but no one imports albino arowanas

even albino and pink black ghost knives, dont undersatnd, its relatively easy to find overseas!

hahahah yeah , i no some of the fish overseas are amazing and common but we dont get them here :an!gry

I would go green aro before anything else I think, but my interest in silvers was rekindled, they are nice fish if kept in pristine condition with minimal drop eye.

Good luck with that! I don't think I've ever seen a silver that didn't have drop eye. I'm pretty sure that with silvers it's a genetic thing, with the other breeds it might be bad genes and/ or bad diet. You can't fight genetics!

Yeah, I have seen a silver without drop eye, and one with near none. I used to own one with a little drop eye in only one eye as well, I think a nice silver aro is a top aquarium fish. Some on mfk are beautiful, but I do think the high shines have the best appearance 8) they are so bright.

Yeah, I have seen a silver without drop eye, and one with near none. I used to own one with a little drop eye in only one eye as well, I think a nice silver aro is a top aquarium fish. Some on mfk are beautiful, but I do think the high shines have the best appearance 8) they are so bright.

I almost considered a silver but the DE put me off, and also the length of it lol.

whitesilver.jpg

But I'd buy this one lol!

That one there is a platinum silver - I think it sold in singapore for excess of 200,000 pounds.

High shines are different, they possess a phosphore gene within the scales, but not to the extent of the platinum, however they come across significantly shinier and brighter than a regular silver but are very hard to find even in an overseas market.

If you go on mfk now there is a recent post in the aro section of a xanthic silver aro! Looks amazing! Completely bright yellow!

Other colour forms exist such as leucism, albinism (there has been asian aros with this), melanism etc but the possibility of finding an aro with one of these traits here is pretty much zip.

i want weird aros.

I once saw a heavily deformed aro in a fish farm in Singapore which still carried a hefty price tag. I think it was a gold xb and its spine was like an elongated Z. Terrible thing to see it swim, but apparently people are willing to pay for it, maybe because it's weird?? :dunno:

yeah, you get that

what i want is a 2 headed aro IF they survive juvi stage lol

am i sick.............perhaps :sml1:

what i hate is the shortbodied arowanas.

I dont know if they are a natural deformation or man made like my sweetheart parrot which my fiance dubbed SWEETIE