How to go about finds a job overseas, UK/US.

Hi all.

I'm a recent engineering graduate who's had a couple of years experience. I really want to experience working overseas, especially in the US or UK. Did some Googling and couldn't find too much useful information, maybe I didn't look hard enough? Quite frankly I don't have too much idea how to go about this. Can anyone recommend some website that will get you started? Or perhaps some employment agencies?

I don't mind going overseas and working in a Cafe for example to start with, then moving on to find jobs that suit my qualifications. But how would you go about securing a Cafe job for example before you leave?

Cheers for any advice.

P.S. I know this is a bit wayyyyyyyyy off topic, but then I figure it's an off topic forum so why not....

Multinational firms would be a safe bet. They employ you here, send you overseas - pay you in USD (or the local currency occasionally if it is internationally recognised and traded), and you apply for the jobs etc here.

You just have to be able to relocate and be eligible to live / work in those foreign countries.

Maybe just send your cv into recruitment firms in the relevant countries,as has been suggested.Only thing is,they may prefer you to be in country first.So,as you say try and pick up something slightly more menial?

Big tip:don't come to Ireland,we're screwed!

I used gumtree.com to find my job in London. it's a good idea to join a temp agency so hopefully you can earn some quick £'s as it's a strain on the pocket when you first arrive. For example my first job was in a warehouse earning £15,000 :tears: Then, found a real job and jumped to 27,000 quid :thup:

I've only been back for 18 months after a 4 year stint if you need any tips