fish is dying, frys are struggling, help

wee2

I am recently experimenting a difficulty of keeping fishes. there is a kind of disease spreading in my tank. most of fish are effected. some were killed (some angels, tiger barb, Tbars, geophegus), some are still alive. but I think dying soon. there are a lot of white spots( or bubble) on the scales, fins. then later on, the fish become less active, then very quite, and die. :facepalm

what can i do, please &c:ry :hail:

Yeah I would start treating for whitespot, rock salt is probably the best and easiest thing to use and you can get it at a supermarket etc.. But the mention of blisters rather than spots has me concerned..

Where in the country do you live?

Hi. It sounds like Whitespot. Have you seen this?

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32910

HTH :)

How long has the tank been set up? And what is your water change regime?

Edited to include the correct link :oops:

It is whitespot. comprehensive.thank you. the tank has been set up for at least 8 months with gravel, rock, diftwood and a little plant. I have taken out all those just fish in it at the moment. the water was straight from tap. always foggy proberly because of the Oscar I put in I assume.

Yeah I would start treating for whitespot, rock salt is probably the best and easiest thing to use and you can get it at a supermarket etc.. But the mention of blisters rather than spots has me concerned..

Where in the country do you live?

thank you. will try. Rotorua and Auckland :slfg:

white spot cure is also called methlylene blue i believe. If you have fish that don't have scales such as loaches, half the dosage.

Whitespot sure is a mix of medicines not just meth blue.. Tonic can be a better mix because it has all sorts in it that can treat other issues too..