Eheim 2260 filter sponge

R32GOTMLK

I reuse the original filter media that comes with the filters, if it needs replacing i buy the sponge intended for the filter from my LFS, Last time I got a sponge for one of my large AquaOne filters it only cost about $10.

p.s

I don't bother with filter wool, waste of money and in general, very wastefull to replace every month. I always end up replacing it with a sponge which lasts for years.

That 2260 i got off trade me had tons of bio balls and noodles but hand cut sponges, im going to get some of the coarse sponges from HWFF this coming weekend so will let you know how much (hoping they have them in stock).

Could almost guarantee they will be more than $10, id imagine $30-$40, hopefully get a twin pack so i can use one in my 2250 as well.

I dont use the fine filter wool anymore because it clogs to fast and slows the flow.

para rubber (currently closed but back up soon, according to their website) sell open core foam you could get it and cut your own

Haha if they will be open soon they must be moving cause their current building has broken floor - roof - walls and is still full of silt