AR620T

northland chic

Hi evryone,

I'm thinking about buying one of these second hand off trade me. I have been offered it for $290 with cabinet is this a good price? And is there any bad sides to them? Would be great to hear other peoples feedback. I am wanting it to have a few plants and grow up my longfin bn (4).

Thanks

I could put a crypt or two in there they don't need pruning or anything. I have a sword plant of some kind (evryone did tell me once) maybe if its got really good lighting it might enjoy the height. I thought depth might be a problem too but I think I would rather the slighty bigger one than the AR620. I asked a q on their auction and they never answered which im disappointed about and their measurements don't add up to the popular tank sizes thread. So thinking they didn't have a tape measure but has made me wonder if its a T or normal one.

I got an old AR380 for my daughter and I'm having a real problem with condensation. I just put a heater in it a couple of weeks ago so she could keep her bn for winter. It didn't come with a cover over the light but we have made one. Have been through 3 bulbs since we bought it and apparently they are getting hard to get. Does anyone have this problem with any of those enclosed style tanks or is it just me?

I got an old AR380 for my daughter and I'm having a real problem with condensation. I just put a heater in it a couple of weeks ago so she could keep her bn for winter. It didn't come with a cover over the light but we have made one. Have been through 3 bulbs since we bought it and apparently they are getting hard to get. Does anyone have this problem with any of those enclosed style tanks or is it just me?

I ran my AR380 (which was also purchased 2nd hand) for two years without needing bulb replacements. But when you say it had no cover.. what do you mean? AR380 have the light built into the hood.. or is yours missing the hood ? .. or is it the clear plastic bit underneath the bulb?

I think the AR380 is a great little tank. Ours is now in storage as a spare as I upgraded. Though I'm tempted to start it up again and throw in a couple of puffers.