Worm Parasite

GZ_Loach

I did a quick search but couldn't find anything specific so I'll ask here.

I noticed a white shimmer on one of my German Rams and after closer inspection I can see a little white worm like parasite coiled up on its right eye, is this an eye fluke? if so what can i use to get rid of it and can i add it to the main tank?? (has plants)

If it only requires a short bath in the medicine I can arrange a container etc but if it has to be exposed to the medicine for a few days I would rather add it to the main tank if possible.

p.s

This is the first time I've seen this and I haven't noticed anything else on the other fishes

Are you 100% sure that it is a something coiled up on the eye and not just eye damage?

If it is a parasite I would probably try and treat with praziquental or you can try salt baths or even PP or maybe formalin (not so used anymore) but it would pay to confirm what you are treating with before treating. The above are some of the things that can work against external parasites..