My First African Cichlid Tank

tracytrout

• 1 year later...

UPDATED PICS

Unfortunately I'm shutting down my African Cichlid tank &c:ry ..have had poor health for quite some time so have decided to lighten the load and am only keeping my 4ft tank in lounge.

My African Tank has been a labour of love and have to say I'm glad I did my homework and asked so many questions prior to setting up the tank as all the fish have got along and didn't lose one single fish so goes to prove you can have a aggression free cichlid tank :wink: . Hope you enjoy the pics below:-

402787138.jpg

402787137.jpg

402787136.jpg

LOL... Your giraffe grows fast in a year time...

Did you have any aggressive issue when your giraffe reach large size? to the yellow and dems?

My giraffe are about the same size in your last pic now. I think another few month they would trying breeding... finger cross... :digH:

Yes they did grow rather fast :thup:

No aggression at all...have to say the only aggression was the odd spat between the male dems but no deaths and no major injuries.

Reckon the trick was adding them all to the tank together and they were all the same size plus I had so many rocks for them to make territories in....I was told to do this by a couple of breeders and it obviously works thank goodness :happy1: :happy2:

I was sad to see them go but will probably start another cichlid tank sometime in the future and do the same thing as it was great watching them all grow out.

Good luck breeding your Giraffes :nfs: