Help with fry!!!

will.pointon

I'm having a problem with my platy. Last night I had fry born and didn't find out till after I ate breakfast when my friend noticed the only fry survivor. So I got him into a guppy breeder floater tank and just 10 mins ago I moved the floating tank to the other side Of my 22L tank so the clean water from the filter could get in better and some how he got out despite me taking care he couldn't. As soon as I noticed he wasnt there he mustve already have gotten eaten so I'm pretty guttared right now. Anyway I've still got a couple of pregnant platy left and this time I am determined to save all of them. One of my platy is looming ready. Should I move her into the separate tank at nights? If they are born during the day will thy be able to hide quick enough? And what are the best plants that they can successfully hde in. My females are pretty nasty and won't hesitate to eat them

hmmm, I never had trouble when I had platy .. two of them in a 22L tank. I always had at least 10 surviving fry and didn't do anything special.

Plantwise they had indian fern to hide amongst and somehow they managed to escape the adult platy.

How many adults have you got in the tank? 22L is not that big so you wouldn't want to too many anyway.

I have my tank with me at boarding school in wanganui so I've brought some java moss off trademe from a guy here and this time I hope I can save a few more aha. It was so cute now it's gone cuz of stupid me. Thanks guys

yeah - baby platy are the cutest. so fat and cute! Way cuter than baby guppy. I might just get some more platy now.