nsw?

jarrodrussell

you can use it it will need to be diluted with RODI water as its a bit saltier than what we would normally use there are also a few guidelines as too when and where to collect it but ill let someone local to you answer that for you

NSW is typically 1.027 about 10% pure fresh water will get you back to the 1.025 that you want. There are pluses and minus for using other option, don't dismiss ASW just to save a quick buck, you only have to have one problem to write off the savings. But in saying that I have used NSW for years with no problems.

The options and the rules round collecting NSW have been discussed many times here, a quick search will give you all the answers.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to get 1000l NSW at a time from Beachlands and transfer it in to another 1000l container under my house.

I used to do this 4 x a year and never had a problem, my tank is about 900l incluiding sump.

My poor trailer sure did complain ... and i got quite tired of the questions... "what are you doing?"

But as far as using NSW, I used it for years ... collect it at high tide after a few days of sun shine.. not after rain.