hi, back in the land of the long white cloud

mad-n-angry

well after 6 1/2 years in australia ive come back home and now am in the processes of starting to build tanks and sumps again and then stocking them with our fishy obsession, not that this is pleasing the other half but when are they ever happy with what we do.

i build my own tanks and sumps as i dont like what ive seen in other builders work and can customize each tank to my own needs

ive breed heaps of cat fish and millions of africans in brisbane while i was there, was actively involved in showing fish and a club to the point i got roped into being on the clubs committee and i ran our clubs shop, but now its a case of sit back relax and start all over again which is going to be fun once i can source all the bits i need to get started at reasonable prices ( its just a touch more expensive in nz compared to oz for most things)

nathan

yeah we had a shop that sold bulk food filters heaters water quality agents de-chlor etc etc glass files diamond hole saws i used to get a ozzy made food that cost $25 per kg for spirulina flake ( had to buy in 5 kg bags for 100 + tax 10% ) had sinking algae wafers vege wafers growth foods in 0.8 1 3 5 mm vege bites in 3 and 5 mm and none of it was over $30 kg i could get alot of foods at great prices i think the cheapest lot i sold was $18 dearest was $30

it was only ever sold to club members and as a club we made $4 a kg or $2-3 on pretty much all other goods

atm im looking at importing an australian made version of purigen that is alot cheaper and is recharged in salted water rather than bleach 350 ml with a resin bag to hold it, ive used it and its as good as purigen and cheaper to maintain

• 3 months later...