New 700LT tank for Discus

Dave+Amy

How did I miss this post earlier,

Your discus are looking fantastic Amy :)

Wow big tank too,I love it

they look so healthy!

I see you got yourself a blue diamond?

You must be seeing some pairing activity in there by now?

All the best

haha yeah I've been really busy so haven't been on the forum much in the past few months - the blue diamond was my only surviving one (out of the 3 I originally bought).

Well at the moment the tank's pretty bare apart from the filter intake pipes and the heaters - so they're been fighting over those for egg laying. I've noticed a few unconventional couples :happy1: got a male Yellow White trying to pair with my pigeonblood, then there's the red melon (pretty sure male but still very young) hanging around one of my albinos, one unpaired female turq that's still laying eggs on her own and my first pair (Alenquer male + LSS female) that's still going for gold....so altogether about 3 potential pairs and one loner female lol :roll:

Can't wait to get the substrate and plants in - scoped out the beach I'll be sourcing it from, is it illegal to takefrom beaches does anybody know? If it is then I might have to purchase instead..

NIIIIICE! and who said all discus are the same colour?! haha. sweet big tank.

great job on growing them out..so big, healthy, and robust.. no wonder they're pairing up! are you going to set up some pairs after completing the aquascape?

re the driftwood.. recently i heard of someone getting a bunch on the north island east coast and an older local maori came out and went off at them furiously and they had to throw it back. seems very stupid because i'm sure there's nothing in the law preventing it.

NIIIIICE! and who said all discus are the same colour?! haha. sweet big tank.

great job on growing them out..so big, healthy, and robust.. no wonder they're pairing up! are you going to set up some pairs after completing the aquascape?

re the driftwood.. recently i heard of someone getting a bunch on the north island east coast and an older local maori came out and went off at them furiously and they had to throw it back. seems very stupid because i'm sure there's nothing in the law preventing it.

OMg...I'm not even going to comment on that last bit about driftwood hahaha...I've already acquired my driftwood :wink: