can pimafix be used with betta and gourami?

BikBok

I recently lost a female guppy to what looked like dropsy. A month ago I lost another guppy and a few weeks before that as well. I've been maintaining the water changes and keeping an eye on parameters and they all seem ok.

My female fighter has been a bit sluggish in the last day but still eating and swimming around.

She has no signs of bloat but she doesn't quite look right either - I can't quite put my finger on it.

I was thinking of adding pimafix to the water. More as a mild antibacterial in case there's something in the water. I don't want to overkill with furan 2 just yet.

Can pimafix be safely used with betta and gourami? (either now or as a reference for future use)Is this a sensible option to take or should I be looking at treating the whole tank with something else.

I realise Pimafix is sold as an antifungal remedy but it also says it treats internal and external bacterial infections. I doubt it will be very effective on internal infections but who knows. Thinking more about bacteria in the water column. Is it going to wipe out my filter bacteria? I've got TLC to help it get back on track.

There are also otos, kuhlis, hypancistrus, and whiptail in the tank so want to cautious with what I use.

I'm doing my water changes today, any advice on whether to use pimafix ?

Today "river" the betta is looking opposite to bloated, if anything I think she's looking a bit skinny! and I think i detect a tiny but of white fungus on her dorsal and a tiny hairlike stringy bit from one of her gills.

I'm thinking I might need to put her in the QT tank now but treat her with what? .. and can i still use pimafix in the main tank (gourami in there)

I'm sorry I can't help. Have never used primafix, only melafix which has different ingredients. What about using rock salt?

thanks for your reply adrienne , I have added salt to the main tank after I lost my first guppy but maybe I need to up the dosage.

I've read mixed opinions on the net about pimafix and melafix for using with labyrinth fish but i wanted first hand experience.

Well anyway I've gone ahead and treated the betta in the QT. It hasn't killed her but she's not looking good either, don't know if it's the pimafix or the fungus which seems to be growing at an alarming rate.. around her lower gill area.

She's very lethargic today and just floating about on top of the water.

There's a guppy in the tank as well and it hasn't slowed her down so I don't think it's sedating them!