bubble Wall Wave maker

fishgirl53

some people like the look of bubble walls but a wave pump will be better for water circulation and surface agitation just aim it up at the surface from below and dont be afraid to buy the biggest one you can afford even its its rated at 15000lph as its spread out and gentle(not like a powerhead) a 3000lph wave pump would barely make a ripple on a 5ft tank. if you are getting one i reccomend the suns sun brand as they are quite good quality and cheap

I bought 2 5000lph sunsun wavemakers off trade me for my 7ft tank to get water flowing at the bottom of the tank for my loaches, even mounting them 250mm up from the bottom they were pushing the gravel away leaving bare glass spots on the glass, i then bought 2 3000lph sunsun's and they arent to bad, ive had to move some larger rocks to disturb the flow at the bottom to stop them blowing the gravel away, mounted higher up they would be great.

I got mine off trade me through a trader called 2727618 as they were considerably cheaper than anyone else, his also have a kiwi plug and come with both the magnetic and suction holders. Love magnetic holders now :happy1:

When are manufacturers going to convert to magnets instead of hopeless suction cups (sick of finding filters, inlets, outlets & heaters on the bottom or dangling free from stupid suction cups letting go :an!gry .)

in my 2.0m aftrican tank i use the 5000lph to circulate the water & it has enough force to do it, if it is aimed at the bottom it does move the substrate around so i have it near the top on the end aiming down at about a thirty degree angle which pushes the water toward the other end. i just use a large airstone & canister spray bars pointing up to oxygenate the water.

i had mine on a 5ft african tank it was 4500lph and i had it at one end about 20cm below the surface of the water pointed upwards on a 45deg angle to agitate the water surface for this purpose i wish i had of gone higher in flow rate the fish arent worried about it at all and i wont move the substrate if its not pointed at it