New tank waiting to be set up

Gill

Yippppee, we battled the storm and picked up my new tank and cupboard today. It is 1870mm x 500mm x 600mm around 560L . I am going to use it for my Clown Loaches and Parrot fish and Tin Foil Barbs at the moment they are in a 4 footer. It will take while to set-up as the Kauri cupboard needs drying out and stabilizing/bracing also need to test the tank... and decided on filtration (think I'm going to keep with Eheims) a sump sounds good but I would have to get the tank drilled for it and not sure if I have the skills or inclination to build a sump just yet. Its going to be a plan for the next school holidays, patience will be needed !!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I will be a great set up once it has some TLC. The cupboard is damp so it is drying out at the moment. We will oil it etc. We are going to add more bracing in the cupboard and I need to test the water tightness of the tank . There is a repair which has been done professionally over the sump hole. I think I'm going to stick to canister filters. I will be selling my other tank and cupboard once this one is set up as it doesn't fit in with our other furniture.. I love the look of this one .... :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: