Fish Farm Pics

ally07

Just to make you guys a little more envious.. I saw black ghost knives being sold for $2 each; assorted cichlids for $8 a pop and arowanas that cost approximately half the US Federal Reserve.. (just kidding, it's only 25%)

The weird looking fish fifth from the bottom was described as a South African arowana.. Looked pretty odd so I snapped a pic..

I think over there rays are so cheap that people impulse buy without providing a big enough tank. Unlike arowanas, rays have a huge wing span and thus need lots of room to move around so the tank's gotta be pretty wide at the base.. A pond would be ideal, methinks.

Most expensive fish were the arowanas. Juveniles were cheaper, some of the fully coloured adults hit about the $10K mark. Some didn't even have a price, so either they weren't for sale or they were above the $10K mark (or both?) I was hoping to see some blue base golds but they were all babies thus colourless. :(

I think over there rays are so cheap that people impulse buy without providing a big enough tank. Unlike arowanas, rays have a huge wing span and thus need lots of room to move around so the tank's gotta be pretty wide at the base.. A pond would be ideal, methinks.

Most expensive fish were the arowanas. Juveniles were cheaper, some of the fully coloured adults hit about the $10K mark. Some didn't even have a price, so either they weren't for sale or they were above the $10K mark (or both?) I was hoping to see some blue base golds but they were all babies thus colourless. :(

Depends what type of ray, motoro rays go for between $150-$300 relevant to size, leos go for $1500 (US prices)

Depends what type of ray, motoro rays go for between $150-$300 relevant to size, leos go for $1500 (US prices)

I think most of the common species of rays there cost about $100 odd, didn't really see many that crossed the $200 mark. The more expensive ones must've been harder to find I think. They look really cool but I dunno, the barbs on their tail scare the cr@p outta me. Wouldn't want to put my hand in there for a wc.. lol

I think most of the common species of rays there cost about $100 odd, didn't really see many that crossed the $200 mark. The more expensive ones must've been harder to find I think. They look really cool but I dunno, the barbs on their tail scare the cr@p outta me. Wouldn't want to put my hand in there for a wc.. lol

Mass breeding. I based my info on US costs and location, everything is cheaper in Asia :wink:

The weird looking fish fifth from the bottom was described as a South African arowana.. Looked pretty odd so I snapped a pic..

Yep its an african [not south african] arowana, looks skinny though, they're filter feeders and need loads of small foods when young.

Nice rays too.